Sunday, March 7, 2010

Water in..yes, I have leaks






7 pm YooHoo warm enough for water








Close valves....opened valves. Tried to remember how to undo all the winterizing. You would think after all these years this could happen with blind floods on. Not, but it is done, as your see water hose filling holding tank and hot water heater. Outside shower plugged and on the other side the water heater plugged.

But.....inside!! Two leaks so far. The water hose screwed into the fresh water inlet will fill the holding tank and water heater faster, instead of just using the manual fill cap. But to have the water enter from the fresh water hook up, a valve inside needs to open. Why do these valves, you know the ones that hook up the toilets and under sinks in our houses, always leak.
This leak and the water pump leak and the (brain fade) leak when I didn't close the facet at sink, FIRST; lead to a flood inside. Used all my towels to dry. Van clean. Towels now washed and dried.




This is the valve leak. Click on picture to enlarge. Using a very small crescent wrench to tighten the bonnet nut just behind the clear handle stopped the leak. The pipe insulation I added and is easily removed. Can you see, just to the right, that's my only fresh water holding tank. The water level is about 1 inch from top of tank. See the difference in color.

Mr. Van is a 1998 model. You would think I know what all these lines are!

This leak has me consumed. It is on the demand pump. It leaks only when the demand pump is pumping not just because water is in the line. I could have a crack because of this very very cold winter.
Took a mirror to see up under the bottom, needed to find what tool is needed to tighten the screws from below. The three screws are Phillipp heads. Tried to tighten them. Still has a leak. Sooooo, before I jump to conclusions I will leave this be, overnight. Maybe the gasket is dry, maybe the gremlins will come in tonight and take care of this leak. Could Happen!!


Hard to tell but this mirror shows the Phillipp's head screws, that holds the bottom tight to the motor.
Two more places that can leak are the inside part of the outside shower. I have to undo my bed and lift it to see that edge of Van. Also, the inside fittings for the water heater. This one is easy but much harder to fix.
Thank goodness, charging the water lines is happening while I'm still home.
When alone, on the road, maybe cold and/or raining. This could be hard fixes.
Been there--done that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment