Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cooksville, TN

10:00 First sunrise on my trip, and clouds

Drove 150 miles. Not far but far enough for me. Out the door that's the important part. Made a stop at the Fish Hatchery, @ Wolf Creek Damn on the Cumberland River near Jamestown, KY. I volunteered there last September. Nice to see friends.

Meet new volunteer Robert. Today was his first day alone. He and his wife have retired and have had 4 volunteer jobs and 3 RV's. He says they now have the one that will work for them. A 38' Cardinal travel trailer with 3 slides and a 250 truck to pull it. He believes they will go fulltime!! Wow, I don't think I can give up the stick house (work camp). This is Robert's 3 time to retire. His company keeps calling him back. Maybe 3rd time is the charm!! He is starting a blog. Robert I will read, please start.

3:00 pm TN rest stop

Time for a nap and try to find items I need. A class B RV is small, you would think anything would be easy to find. Not the case, everything packed, is up, behind or in something. You have to pull or move one thing to get to another. Need to find a place to stay and reorganize.

Thought that would be this rest stop in TN. On I-40 west, exit 158, this rest stop has a sign stating "No Overnight Parking/Limited 2 Hour Stay". Wants up with that, 95% of all the big scary problems I have had traveling, have happen in rest stops. Maybe this trip I will take more of the secondary Hwy's and stay at those places who welcome RV's.

Can't find my USB adapter, that allows my Sony camera card to attach to my computers. WalMart would be getting business if I was in their parking area.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie, I just posted and then lost my comment to you. Anyway, I will try again. Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. Rhonda and I have accepted camp host positions in Wichita, KS. So if you or DH get in the area give us a shout and maybe we could do a lunch or at least stop by to say hi to a fellow RV'er. One note I would like to throw at you, please be careful at those rest areas, in fact if you can avoid them that probably would be the best bet. I'm not on the computer everyday, but the days I get on I look forward to checking your blog. By the way the weather down in the Valley of Texas is GREAT, just a little windy sometimes but that is expected down here. Have a safe trip and I will be checking your progress.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete