Friday, March 5, 2010

Loading my TOAD

9 AM Progress is sweet



To me this is progress. I want to put this.














On this. If the Van goes the scooter goes. If I leave it behind then I need it. I purchased this in Greenville, SC. Second hand in 2004. I paid $900 for it. While this is 49cc engine and does not require all the licenses etc, South Carolina does require that you 'register' it. So it is registered in South Carolina and I have this small license tag. The license is not on the moped right now because I'm afraid it will be stolen.






This is a Yamaha Jog and has a pivot in the center.

One of my many rules for a woman traveling alone, is, if I can not handle what I have with me then it needs to stay home, not me the stuff. Because the scooter pivots the ramp on the Versa Haul carrier has to be at the smallest angle possible. Notice the leveling ramps used for this. I like these.


These ramps can be stacked many different ways and have worked out better than the Lynx Blocks, which I also carry.

Of course I can't leave anything alone, so I have painted them black and added that great invention, Velcro, to the sides. Why paint? Trying to be sleuth and invisible. Yellow just draws your eyes. Especially in parking lots, blacktop pavement. The Velcro helps to hold the pair together for moving around and storage.





Can you see the famous Chief in the door? The Moped is his. Notice the basket on the Moped!! It is Chief size. If his Van and his Scooter leave he expects to be included. And he will.





2:00 pm Versa Haul carrier change





On the picture above with the moped on the carrier did you notice something different from a few weeks ago. Look close at this picture and you can see that under the moped is a large/long extension with a 2" ball on it. This is for towing and still carry the moped. The 5" riser you see hooked to the van, allows for the moped to be lifted (I have dragged it off before) and the 30" extension added to still tow.







On this trip I could 'pass by' (that's a Louisiana term) our stick house in Maurepas, La. We will move from Lexington, KY in the next 6 to 8 months. We own every toy know to man, at least it seems that way. So I will be dragging all this stuff to the stick house. This enclosed trailer is just one thing. I could drop it off on this trip and that would be one less thing to move when we are done here.

Sounds good. Problem is....we have someone living in one of our rv spots and he is suppose to care for the property.....well no one does things like you would. So become bosses and involved with all that is the joy of owning a stick house. In other words I would get stuck at the house trying to do it all. Decided best not to go to stick house.

All that work will be there in late summer after my planned trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment