Thursday, March 4, 2010

Does the sun, lift your spirits


Noon The sun is out

Roses, my friend in Laytonville, CA, called early this am. She lost her DH in Dec and had a low day, yesterday. We talked. Today she is 'out of bed', her words. She wondered what made the difference from yesterday and today? Well, today the sun is sinning beautifully in CA and the same here.

See the shadows!!!










When the sun shines bright after days of not. I believe I shine brighter!! Do you? ymmmmmm


Roses's husband's name is Lou. Lou called Roses's princess. She misses him.


3 pm Newest project..I'm on a roll

I need to think about and do taxes!!! So my diversion for today is, leveling boards. Asked DH several weeks ago to bevel these 2 x 10's, but this has not made it to the top of his list. I want them now.

This is the beginning, I want a beveled edge on both ends. Adjusted the saw to 45 degrees but notice if I cut like this the bevel would be opposite upside downside.








So I flipped the board and cut. I forgot to draw a straight line, to late could not stop, did my best. Came out OK for government work.








Next board. I drew a straight line, much better.




A board longer than the first one. This will give me two levels to choose and a large footprint for gravel. Also, I can pull forward or back up to mount boards.



This is what I want.
Notice a crack in the longer board. I will use this on pavement because it will not take anything that flexes.

No comments:

Post a Comment