Friday, March 12, 2010

Texarkana....400 miles


8:00 am Computer went to sleep

Did a post yesterday but my computer did not hold a charge and went to sleep. Getting Mr Van set (back) up for long term living is going slow. Things that where stolen had to be replaced and because of the burglaries we had emptied the van.

My friend Cindy, in Dallas, still works and is off on Sat and Sun. Hence, diving 400 miles in one day. This is a little much for me. Fighting with the computer and Mr Van is taking too much energy, would rather sleep. But I want to see Cindy on her her days off. Cindy used to be my boss. We worked a Pillsbury job in Murfreesboro,TN, in 1989.



Here is a picture of volunteer Robert from the fish hatchery. What is hanging over his head?

Here is Mr. Van in front of the interpretive building, where Roberts' picture was taken. Very nice building that includes 3 large fish tanks, a theater, gift shop and a large class room. Check out the schedule of events at the Hatchery. The kids Fishing Tournament is coming soon

The offices of the (shirts) are on the left side of this building. They include 4 wildlife and fishery people, an intern, and the Johanna who runs the gift shop. Gift shop is supported by 'Friends of Wolf Creek Fish Hatchery'. Not seen in the picture are the race ways and other buildings that actually grow the tout. More (shirts) are in these outside buildings.




The building is maintained by volunteers. We received many compliments on the restrooms and the building from visitors while I was there.

Kendall Campground is right next door. Nice place to stay on the river side of the damn on Lake Cumberland. Reservations are need on weekends. But they do have 22 sites they hold back for walk-ins. They are gone by Thursday. Just a heads up.



4:00 pm Cindy's house Grand Prairie, TX

I survived Dallas. From 40 miles outside Dallas on I-30 has been one of the worst drive, ever. If I hadn't wanted to get to Cindy's house I would have pulled over. Road construction, traffic, bad (other) drivers and huge winds. Mr Van is top heavy, even though I weigh about 8,700 pounds loaded, I was all over the road. Got very bad gas mileage.

Mr Tom Tom, our GPS, could have taken us down I-635 and we would have had a better drive but nooooo, thru Dallas by way of I-30.

This is want we saw. Red tail lights.

Didn't see any 38' motorhomes pulling toads. Smart people. If DH and I had been driving our Big motorhome thru all this, welllll let's just say. Beer-30 time or pull out the weapons. All in all, things are fine. I followed the GPS even though Cindy suggested another route.

Traveling alone I can not stop and read a map. I knew the GPS would get me there. I have no idea how but I'm here.



Oh, the joy of traveling alone. I did have a fit of road rage. Marie style. That is and I quote "If you don't like the speed I am going, I promise you won't like the speed I shift too". This local guy found that out today.


Cindy has a nice place, she has worked very hard for the same company my husband and I work for. The best part of her place is in the back yard.

When she gets home I will back Mr Van up that driveway and level him. I will use the same levelers that I used to load the Moped last week. They are great because I find many ways to use them. In a B (RV) things need to pull double duty.


No comments:

Post a Comment