Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Uvalde, TX-Wal-Mart

11:00 am Moved across the street

Looks like my verizon account is under my limited. Woo Hoo, I get to eat the rest of the month!! Maybe this happened because I cancel the NBC program before it finished or maybe if I had finished (the install) it would have been OK. Of course, the Verizon people didn't have the answer either. I'm in shock. That's a joke! Even if these Verizon folks had said all would have been fine, I would have still investigated more. I never want to appear tooooo stupid.


Checked out of the RV resort and moved over to a parking lot. Chief and I had a quiet night but I could not pick FOX channel up on this new digital stuff. I do understand why the government wants to have the analogy to themselves but this digital is not up to Americans expectations. Just my opinion. Maybe I need to re-think this. RV.net is a good forum for this and I will go there and question the experts.

I need air in my tires. I let someone talk me into using air pressure he believed was needed for the size and brand of tire I have, which are Michelin 16.5, instead of going with the requirements listed by Coachmen, on the driver side door panel. I have about 60 pounds all around. The door panel states 55 for the front and 80 for the back. I have been rocking all over and having to work at steering. Of course, the wind has been a huge problem. I am going to go with 55 in front and 70 in the back and see what I have. I would like to get Mr Van weighed.

7:00 pm Brackettville, TX--Fort Clark Springs

Could not get my tires inflated properly. Now have 65 pounds in the rear. Spent $1.50 to failed. Maybe that is as high as this air station will go. We will try to find a place that works on tires and let them fix this. Will tip them. Good for them and me, after all I would have to pay anyway.

Spent all afternoon at Fort Clark Springs in Brackettville, TX. Fort Clark Springs is now privately owned. Chief and I had a private tour, in a golf cart, isn't that great.

I need a nap. NOW. Will be back later. Took lots of pictures.

Have I thanked my readers??? It means the world to me and Chief that you take the time to read this travel blog.

Special thoughts go out to readers Connie and Tom.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I was wondering about you. Glad to hear you have things taken care of w/Verizon. I have their service too, and I've been really happy with them. Tell Cindy, I know what she is going through. I had a gall bladder removed back in Oct of last year and WOW what that little do-dad can put you through. Mine was removed and now I'm doing great. Just can't eat a lot of lettuce. It effects everyone differently. Make sure you have the proper PSI in those tires; not only for safety reasons, but for gas efficiency.
    Keep up the good work on your blog. I've been away for a few days, and was glad to see you back online. Take care of yourself, Chief & DH.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, when you don't post, I worry about you! I admire you for what you're doing. I would NEVER beable to travel alone - I'm too fraidy-cat! Hubby and I have traveled to the west coast in our Class B - loved doing that - but now happy to spend summers in Delaware at our cottage - rest of time at home with our family in PA - and rv wherever!

    I don't do lettuce either. For a good salad, mix cauliflower, broccoli,dried cranberries, pecans or walnuts. Mix some mayo and sugar for the dressing. Stir together and enjoy - yummy!

    Talk later...have fun...keep us posted! Connie

    ReplyDelete