Monday, March 15, 2010

Dallas, TX-How to find Hospital

3:00 pm -Can't figure out this Digital TV thing



Today is a very slow day. I'm still in Cindy's house. Of course, she is to work



Saturday night Cindy had an episode of chest discomfort. A couple of Alka-seltzer's and she got back to sleep, still she said it was a bad pain. Cindy turns 50 this year and that is the age her brother suffered his first blockage and heart surgical procedure. Sooooo, she is seeing her primary physician today. I would like to be here. Just in case.



Because of this, episode, I started thinking about what I would have done if she needed a hospital run. We are in a huge city. The hospital is less than 3 miles but I didn't know. What medicine does she take, what is her insurance, where are her car keys, how would I get her in the car. Of course, I could call 911 and wait for an ambulance.



I was a EMS in Georgia and think I know to much. Plus, I am a country girl. I believe in 'load and go' more than the ambulance. I hope to choose what is best in what situation.



My mind visually started placing where my TomTom Gps is and how to work the 'help me' application. Also, started thinking about how to convince Cindy to do as I want. Remember she used to be my boss!! People having heart attacks frequently go into denial and need coaching to help themselves. I'm good at that.



Sunday afternoon Cindy and I did a dry run. Did the GPS thing and it showed the Hospital she would have wanted. But it was about the 8th listing. The GPS listed all the walk up clinic's, Health care provider places and the real Hospitals. But they are just names on the screen. Which is a Hospital? We discussed the importance of a one page list of not only medicines but where you prefer to go and contact phone numbers of family members. In case I needed to call a friend, a neighbor or her sister, posted by the front door. Most diabetics already know this. If the ambulance people came I could just hand over the paper and follow the ambulance.

Sounds like a good idea to have in Mr. Van for myself. Hmmmmmmmm.

Anyway, she is at the doctors now and should be home shortly. In the interned I am playing with these Da***d digital TV's.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie,

    So sorry to hear about Cindy. Doing the dry run and posting info on a sheet of paper, just in case, sounds like a good idea for everyone to do. I'm glad you're there for your friend. Hope all turns out okay. Keep us posted.
    Best wishes,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, my ditto on what Connie and Barry said. I hope Cindy is doing good and it's a nice feeling for her, I'm sure having you there. Tom

    ReplyDelete