Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter storm's and RV's

8 am This is the view from my front door





Rv's and very cold temps offer a huge challenge. A challenge I don't want to deal with. Want to leave on my trip, but from here to south Texas temps are very cold. My fear is when I fill up the water tanks and all that, well, I will have something frozen broke and would have to repair on the road. Yesterday, I ran the engine on the van and checked all the fluids, also ran the 2.5 onan generator, ran the 'generator from hell' for about an hour with a 1500 watt heater running, all went well. My generator has 449 hours on it. Not a whole lot for a 1998 van, most of the hours are just exercising. But I like having my gen and would choose to have it on board.


When you power up your computer, do you have a series of click's? Probably my first or second click is a blog I have read for the past 4 years. George is my hero and inspires me to write and have a better attitude about life.

This is his header!!

And this is his view from his window!!!


Call me a ready freddie. Soon I will make it to a warmer place. Do you see the difference from my view this morning and George's view???

1 comment:

  1. You have to love that George. I've followed his website for a long time. He's great!

    Love your snow picture! We're getting MORE snow right now here in central PA.

    Good luck to you and your travels!
    Connie
    (CAMPIE from RV.NET)

    ReplyDelete