Wednesday, February 17, 2010

37 degrees a heat wave?

9 am On the East Coast 37 degrees is now a heat wave



Promise to myself was to put a date on leaving on my trip. Will this help get me 'out the door'? We will see. Part of the excuse for not leaving is packing Mr Van in the freezing cold. As you can see Friday is suppose to hit 37 degrees with part sun. My hope is to complete my readiness. So I choose next Wed to leave. A challenge, will it work??


Only job that you have a 50/50 chance of right/wrong




7 pm All day trying to set computers programs



Why spend all this time on computer programs now?? Well, experience tells me that trying to accomplice anything like this on the road, just invites hardship and heartache. Strong Internet connections drop and failing battery power, or the devil made me do. Something will happen. Just easier to have more resources available. Like another computer to look something up while the other is loading.



We use verizon air card (usb). We dropped our DSL coming into the house and now have a Cradlepoint router to light the house up wireless. Verizon plan is 5 KB (5,000 mb) a month. For the past year and 3 months I have never used more than 1/5 th of this. So all is good. Problem is when I travel the USB 727 goes with me on the road, that leave DH without Internet. Our verizon plan includes two phones, 700 shared minutes and the air card. Bill has been $143.00 a month


Around the house are a few hopspots but the signal is weak. So I'm trying to boast the signal with this. So DH can use internet if he wants. Will report results tomorrow. Still working.

Hawking HDN1 antenna




9:s0 pm....correction: Verizon USB is a 727 not 730 (sounds like an air plane to me)

tell tomorrow nite nite

No comments:

Post a Comment