Friday, February 26, 2010

Redo..lost yesterday's post


1 pm busy cold windy day

Will try to re-post yesterday's lost post but first what happen today to prepare for trip

You might remember that part of the team is my 15 year old puppy, The Famous Chief. Well Chief is not entirely healthy. August 2009 Chief began to cough, hard and deep. Seem like he could not stop. He got dizzy and took a 5 foot fall onto concert. This put his back out. Typically I am my dogs medical care giver but this required more. Off to vet.

He now takes 1/2 pill of Vetmedin (pimobnendan) heart pill, 1-2o mg tab of Furosemide (water pill) and part of 1-5mg tab of Prednisolone. Prednisone only when he is 'on tilt', pain from a bad back.

Last August we didn't have a long term prognoses but now he is doing great.

Refilled all his scripts, enough for 3 to 4 months. Total cost $80 dollars.

Puppies don't get much cuter than this. People talk to us because they want Chief. Seems like people that are on vacation have left their buddies home, so they need a pet fix, and Chief is it. Another reason why I RV, my buddies come with me and are safe. That's one for campers!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie Chief is! I can see why people are drawn to him. I bet he's a lot of company to you when you're on the road. We always enjoy meeting other rvers pets. (We used to have dogs but now have cats). That's one reason we bought our Class B rv so we could take our "babies" with us when we are away from home.

    ReplyDelete