Sunday, February 28, 2010

Slow Sunday

2 pm cleaning garage..so well 'do-over' my lost post


Somehow I deleted part of my story the other day. Since their isn't much to talk about today I will retell this story.

Summer of 05 I work camped in West Yellowstone, Montana. Mr Van was having a great time exploring. We worked 3 months, average about 35 hours a week This was a tourist shop called Back Country Leather. Great place, great people.

End of June we wanted to explore. Yellowstone Park was at its peak of tourist, kids out of school So off to North Idaho. Idaho Hwy 20, south, towards Targhee Pass and Henry's Lake are only about 20 minutes away. Closer than the park. Headed west off Hwy 20 just cuse. Found a sign that said 'Self Guided Driving Tour' . Great, followed the signs up the EDGE of this mountain, just beautiful. Close to the top Mr Van was splitting rocks. We are not 4 wheel drive vehicle and we weight about 9,000 pounds. I have all that I own with me including the famous Chief. Would you be worried? I wasn't, my thoughts where if I die on this mountain, well what a beautiful place. Could not turn around, so I had to back up for about 1/2 mile before I could turn around. I must have gotten out of van to look a couple of dozen times. But all went well and down the mountain we go. Henry's Lake has great fishing.

Continued south on Hwy 20 to Island Park , went canoeing with a family that needed another car for drop off and pick up. You meet the best people in these restful places. Island Park also has a great dinner theater. Don't miss this area. Some top notch lodging.

No comments:

Post a Comment