Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Room for everything

4 pm Room for big stuff, small stuff is harder

Final packing today. I have waited to load the items taken during the two robberies. I feel like these people are watching, because they came back a second time. Sad thing is these things don't bring much $'s for the thieves. Oh well, can't go there. Street rats, die.

Large items, like my suv tent, level blocks, electric cords and such seem to find room. But the small stuff. Shampoo, washcloths, towels, eyeglasses, sunshades, chap stick, medicines and all can't seem to be contained. I use a load of Velcro. Velcro to wrap coaxial cable, roll up a blanket, just everything.

Hardly any room for can food, so I will make a lot of stops.

My Budget

When you travel do you have a firm budget, or even a budget in the back of your head? I have a budget on this trip. This budge only includes gas, camp fee's, entertainment and eating out. Like my inspiration, Tioga George, I do a lot of dry camping. It's fairly easy because I'm in a van. But because of the very cold (remember I don't do cold) I will have to pay to park so I can have heat. If the cold temps continue for Texas on to Southern CA, than my $'s will far short.

This $ limit is strictly self inflicted. My DH says not to limit myself. He feels better knowing I am not hanging out on the side of the road. But spending what it takes and having heat and AC when I need it. He is very sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie, so what's this about a two-time robbery? I didn't know this happened. Where and when did all this happen? You're okay right. I still like your blogging, you're doing a really good job. Okay, I haven't had a chance to go back and read all the blogs yet, so fill me in on what DH stands for in your blog? Is that in reference to Chief? Have you left KY? Where are you now? Inquiring bloggers want to know. Tom

    ReplyDelete