Friday, February 12, 2010

Run away Dog



When you carry your pet to the vet's office does he know, where you are, when you get there? My guys do. Mornings are not my time, very slow to wake, but Major (Jr) has a vet appointment to have teeth removed. He needed to be there before 9 am. Of the three dogs Major is my runner. When I got to vet's office I put Major down to do his business before handing him over to the tech. Well, he hurried to the foot door and smelled it. Off he went. Think the vet's building has a smell, he knew this smell and wasn't having it.

Usually, my dogs will come to me, when called. Major just looked at me and ran pass me. Not good. Out the parking lot and across a busy busy, major four lane hwy, Hwy 127 in Harrodsburg, KY. The tech in the office saw him run by, thank goodness, she came out and behind the dog we run. Major made it all the way across all the lanes of traffic. Traffic was clear, no cars. How did this happen? Luck, or something higher, was with us. Gina, the tech, is a angel. She is a full time fireperson and stopping traffic did not scare this firewoman. Major stopped on the other side and came right to Gina, letting her pick him up. Safe now. What a emotional thing. He could have been badly hurt right before my eyes. Gina held on and never let him go until in the office and to the back rooms he disappeared.




4 pm Dog Done




Vet pulled 16 of Major's teeth, that leaves him only 5 teeth. I expected a $175 to $200 bill. Ha.


Paid $275, oh well. Teeth gone won' t have problem anymore.




This is the road that he crossed and survived.

And our angel, Gina, the vet tech. That's Major, he was ready to go home.

2 comments:

  1. God must have been with you today! Grateful nothing bad happened.

    As you can see I have found your blog. I think it will be a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so glad things turned out for the best. That was scary! I know the feeling. Everytime I take one of our cats to the vet (also beside a busy highway), I hold the carrier extra close to my body and pray we get in and out safely.
    Connie in PA

    ReplyDelete