Monday, August 2, 2010

H'burg, KY...Plan a trip and all falls apart


Before I explain my title, here's a good picture of Natural Bridge, during winter, without trees blocking the rock.
Seems like as soon as parents (anyone for that matter) plan a trip, things at home go south.


Susan is headed for Florida tonight to drive her motor home to her Amazon workamping job in Campbellville, KY. She begins work Sept 1.

Her son arrived yesterday, to make the trip with her. He was diagnose with Muscular Dystrophy last year and has a check up scheduled in Cleveland, OH on Friday, they need to get to Fl and back for that.


The daughter in law drove her son here yesterday, and left to return home early this a. m. Then the calls started, seems their 13 year old son is in the hospital. He has diabetes and started with a backache that escalated, so Grandpa called an ambulance and off they go.


They believe the backache is related to the diabetes and have transfer the boy to children's hospital for a better 'look see'.


Susan and son are still making the trip and daughter in law will handle the boy. Can anything more happen.


This family has challenges I have never know. How fortunate my husband and I have it. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. I hope he feels better. I am also diabetic and found my back aches, besides being related to hockey injuries was also related to alergies to dairy I didn't know about.

    Stopped with the dairy and now my back just hurts instead of feeling like somebody is trying to remove it. :)

    ReplyDelete