Sunday, May 30, 2010

H'burg, KY...Top of Condo dirty




10:00 Cleaning the top of big motor home






Started Friday cleaning the roof of the big motor home. Didn't look sooo dirty until I got on top. Not only dirty but the stuff was struck.



Friday was overcast, in fact, it rained. Worked several hours and ran out of soap. Not about to go up and down. I was afraid, dumb, I know. So I decided to wait and finish Saturday when Craig would be home to pick me off the ground. Justin Case!!! No, that's not true, but he could help me get hoses, buckets, soap, etc up and down.

Saturday was turfier. Sun came out. I needed a stiffer scrub brush, the soft one we use on the sides just wasn't enough. All is all, it is done and looks better. At least when the satellite dish is replace I shouldn't be embarrassed about a dirty roof.






Maybe I should budget XXXX number of dollars, to have someone else do this twice a year. What you think??






Spent the rest of Saturday in the bed watching TV and napping. Nice!!

Boys and their toys. Tried to put the basement furniture back. (Landlord is not going to fix anything). Craig set his train set back up. He purchase this new train from a hobby shop in Lexington. I haven' t asked how much he spent. I was in Louisiana and he brought a train. Done deal, it is cute, makes train horn sounds and bells. Yea, anyway, the dogs are not sure what this is. A fews years back I gave Craig a remote control car as a gift. That was fun, chasing the dogs around with that. Try it, good for a laugh. What else can you buy, as a birthday gift, for a grown man??

1 comment:

  1. I cleaned my motorhome roof on Mothers Day with my 14 yo daughter helping me. What I found worked the best was Awesome Orange Cleaner at $1.00 a bottle and a brush. http://www.dollartree.com/cleaning-storage-hardware/all-purpose-cleaners/22-Oz-Awesome-Orange-Cleaner/212c254c254p8831/index.pro Just spray it on a section, wait one minute and use your brush. The sap and junk just slides off. A few people on RV Net recommended it and it works great and is cheap. It will remove the wax so either re wax it or use Mop N Glo on your fiberglass roof.

    ReplyDelete