Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Danville, KY....Car in shop

10:00 pm Craig's car to shop

The Deville we purchased for Craig in Feb., needed service. The fan on the AC was making a huge noise. Craig asked me to take it in.

Big mistake. It was obvious that the service tech eyes lite up when a older woman driver a Cadillac pulled in. Won't go into details, but their is a big difference in a mechanic and a part changer.

The estimate was $555.00, well he said 'worst case' number. They said they needed to drop the rear of the motor to get to the fan motor, for the AC. No way, not today.

Ok, I will think about it. But they charged me $44.00 to tell me this and kept me their for a hour and half. Saw the car with the hood up but NEVER saw a person looking under the hood.

These people WILL NOT get my business. I became agitated and rude. Time for me to exit.

Drove back home and was still on edge. Had to do something!!! Sooooo, I cut grass. All of my yard and both neighbors front yards. One neighbor is a older lady who wants help and needs help, the other is a newly single 30 something. She just put her 'friend' of 8 years to the curb. Not sure who will do her yard maintenance now.

Bottom line. We will take the car back to the dealer we purchased car from. Somerset, KY is about 80 miles away. Craig will need to take a day off. Look out the sky may far down.

Hello to Connie and Tom and Lynn.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, glad you made it back home okay. Sorry to hear about the water damages there. Geeze, it's always something! We've been so busy here...graduation coming up next week for our Brazilian exchange student who we are hosting and then we can head to Delaware - YAHOO! Gotta start packing.....talk later.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey back at you Marie, I'm glad to see you still have a little "spunk" in the (what was it you said a little old lady in a Caddy.) By the way wanted to thank you for the email. I will write you a little more in the email, but we are getting ready to go to work this morning. Our two-day work week. Not a bad gig if I do say so myself. Keep up the good work on the blog. I like to know what you're up to and if you are staying safe. Say hi to DH and Cheif. Tom

    ReplyDelete