Monday, May 24, 2010

Harrodsburg, KY..Back with husband

6:00 PM Home with hubby

Today is Monday. I left Louisiana Saturday, about 8:30 am, drove to Jackson, Tn. That's about 380 miles, turns out to be about half way. Must have really wanted to get home to hubby, because that is a lot for me. Two hundred miles a day is my usual, plus I didn't do any tourist things. Arrived around 4 pm Sunday.
During my stay, at the Louisiana house, I really worked hard. Had a lot to do. But Craig has been busy, also. He works 50 to 60 hours a week, every week. Has two of our dogs to care for and a big house and yard.
Add to that.
Nashville, TN was not the only place that flooded in the last 3 weeks. The basement here flooded, that's about half of our living space. While not all of the downstairs is under ground, half is, as you can see.
He had to pull all the rugs out to dry them, he moved all the furniture away from the west wall. That's the wall that is buried by dirt. Called the landlord who came over with a shop vac.

This went on for two weeks. The rain came most every day. He had to vacuum water before he could leave for work. Craig volunteer to cut the paneling about 3 feet high to see what's behind the damaged paneling. This is what the landlord wanted. I thought all the paneling needed to come down. Can you see how the bottom roll of the concert box has moved about an inch. This shoudl be on the landlord to do but Craig said he would help. We are not do not like having people in the house we don't know.



Look at this corner. That's mold, we have purchased two fans and they have been running for weeks.


Our rent is $700 a month, now we have a hugh mess and can not use half the house. Our landlord is a nice person, hopefully he will come thru with some help. Once, he is over the shock of the mess.

We will probably move, around December. I'm not sure how I will handle the mold?????? I plan on buying that mold stuff from Lowes and start trying to kill it, at least the mold I can see. We will take the cost off next month's rent. The stuff is about $30 a jug.






No comments:

Post a Comment