Thursday, April 22, 2010

Maurepas, LA..Stump Grinders

11:00 PM Verizon says we have out dated phones and air cards

Hey, where does the 'we' come into this profile. It is Verizon that furnished poor equipment. Well, I don't believe that at all. Verizon will have to provide me with a new air card, since they say I need an up grade. We will see. They say they came within 1000 feet of this resident and had reception. My question..so close why didn't they come to the drive way. Duh. Then they could say they did something.

I have purchased a Wilson Antenna, the kind the Truckers' use. I have the antenna in the window and using the computer in the house that did not work yesterday, but I seem to have Internet like this. Will keep playing with this.

Anyway, it is time to get DH out of this fight. He has enough on the job right now. Seems we may retire before our Dec. date. Or we may move in June and then retire in Dec. Boy this is making my head hurt, so I'm Craig is too. We work for a huge construction outfit, so picking up and moving is part of the job. But we signed on to this job to work thru December 2010.

Need to stop and post. Not sure if the Internet connection is working.

11:30 Forgot about Stump Grinder

We lost several hugh trees from Katrina, Rita and Ike. I have been digging, burning and chopping on the stumps for years. Well, I had run out of endurance and called dear husband in KY and ask him to get me a stump grinder and a lawn mower service. Within 2 hours the stump guys arrived up with the machine. They charged $150.00 (double what it should be) to grind the two stumps and left me a huge pile of chips. Told me the chips would rot away in time. Wrong, not in my yard.

Lawn guy will start May 1st and is charging $60 each time he cuts the yard.

Things are coming along with the south side yard. Hope to follow with pictures Friday. Tomorrow is suppose to be thunderstorms and I will stay inside.

Wow, this Wilson antenna is working.

Tell next time and Thank You so much for staying with me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, you are sure having your share of "good luck/bad luck" So let me ask you are you kind of stuck in your stick house for now? I'm so sorry you didn't get to travel more like you intended to with your RV. How are things going for DH? Is he joining you soon? Listen girl, inquiring minds want to know. :-)
    Rhonda and I are now in Wichita, KS working at our new jobs and really liking it. The owners here are super nice and starting pretty soon we will be working 2 days on and 4 days off. Right now there is only one other couple so we are working 3 on and 3 off until the third couple arrives this weekend. Hope things are starting to look up for you.
    P.S. - If I was in your neck of the woods, I would cut your grass for $60 bucks. You must have a good size yard. I will keep you in my prayers. Tom & Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you recently cut down a tree and are looking to remove the stump for a low cost you can rent a tree stump remover for the day and chop up all of the stump grinder rental.

    ReplyDelete