Sunday, April 4, 2010

Maurepas, LA--Stick House

11:00 PM In my house Maurepas, LA

Not much Verizon phone service here, although the map shows digital service. It's a lie. This post may or may not happen.

All is well but life is now complicated. Famous Chief is doing so much better, it was the right decision to stop my trip. At least he has stopped trying to cough up a lung. Maybe the high attitude and dry, dry air was hard on him.

But the stick house is another story. My RV renter has been here over two years and he just doesn't cut it. On top of that, a main under ground water line from my well broke. I now have water under my house. Think of a garage. Ofcourse, no shut off valves that would allow me to re-route a temporary line where installed.

I'm using a shovel--not good. Tomorrow's schedule--trip to town, 25 miles away (Gonzales,LA). Need to get tax papers copied and mailed, buy pvc pipe and all the fittings (this is a get it right the first time thing) and to the DMV to transfer a boat title.

Hoping to pay a neighbor to help with the manual labor. I just can not do it. My DH really got a ear full from me today. He was nice and just listen and said he was sorry. We knew that I would have problems if I came here alone but it needed doing. Last time I came here alone I ended up being handcuffed and taken to jail. I did what I needed to do.

I have lots to tell about Big Bend, Fort Davis, Longhorn Caverns, Johnson City, Austin and LakeHenderson, La. I deeply miss telling about all these places. I will get to it. Please, hang with me.

Well, TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Marie what stories you are going to have for all to listen to. I'm sorry you are having so many problems. Your DH sounds like a really understanding guy. Take a few deep breaths and just tell yourself, "things are going to get better." So I take it you're in LA?
    Hope your water pipe situation gets better and that you have some good handy man that can take care of your hard labor. Again take deep breaths and try to relax, its not the end of the world. Things will work out.

    ReplyDelete