Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Do you get Hitch-Itch

Time for me to get away. Losing my patience.
Around the year 2000 I started taking trips in my Class B camper, by myself. Of course, I was driving the Famous Chief around, he doesn't have a driver license.

This year I was gone from March to the middle of April. That's when I started the blog. All this traveling around makes me wonder, how does a person adjust to having someone else around all the time. It is a wonderful thing to keep your own schedule when traveling. I will need to learn patience and kindness, so will my husband Craig.

This is 2007 just south of Denver. A Wal Mart with a view and I was not alone(in the parking lot). I purchased this computer that day at a Office Depot, right there in the shopping center. Who says that Wal Mart is FREE.
.... The red in the picture is my bike. I had a hitch install on the front bumper of the Van so I can carry the Moped and the bike. Never used the bike on my trips. Can't explain why, the Moped worked out better. Used the Moped all the time.





2 comments:

  1. It really struck me when you said, "All this traveling around makes me wonder, how does a person adjust to having someone else around all the time."

    I've been married for 11 years now, and I absolutely HATE it when I spend long periods of time away from her. We both have our own "solo" times, but it's more on the lines of a few hours out of a given day rather than an entire lifestyle.

    For instance, I'm more of a morning person and my bride is more of a night person. I get up early, check up on email/blogs/online news, etc and smoke my morning cigar. After she gets up, we enjoy the day together. I generally go to bed a few hours earlier than she does, which gives her the "alone" time she enjoys for watching some of her TV shows on the DVR, etc.

    She's my best friend in the world, and there's NOBODY with whom I'd rather spend time. We're totally excited about going full-time at retirement!

    I wish you both the very best as you set out in the new chapter of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug...Thanks sooooo much for the comment....that is EXACTLY what I need to hear.

    ReplyDelete