Saturday, September 25, 2010

Horse Olympics...Volunteer Job

Yesterday, was the first day of my volunteer work for the FEI Equestrian Games.

What a horrible experience, on sooooooo many levels.

This day was the 45th day over 90 degrees, like the day before, broke the high record. Then it finally rain. Rain is what this area needs, so wonderful.

Are you getting the idea what is expected of this volunteer job?

Today (Saturday) I am not scheduled to 'volunteer'. Soooooo, resting on the heating pad. My back is screaming in pain.

After shift last evening (10:30 pm) the van would not start. Seems that I have a drain on my battery. I need to find it and fix the thing so this stops. Got the van started and began the 45 mile, one hour drive home.
Well, the transmission lost power, in the overdrive 'D' position. Craig didn't answer his phone, so I drove home in the (3) position. Driving 4o mph, I arrived home and parked the van. All will be fine, just takes patience and time.

I am unsure what to do about the volunteer work. Scheduled tomorrow (Sunday), 5 am to 2 pm. The weather is perfect.

Tell tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment