Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cave City, Ky...Mammoth Cave

Finally (Friday) left Skagg's RV Service and drove 45 miles south on I-65, to exit 53 ( Cave City, Ky). Than headed east about 2 miles to Singing Hills Rv Park. Easy drive. Meet the owner's in the office and paid for Friday night, Sat and Sun. We will leave Monday. Total, with the Good Sam's discount, came to $75.00. Out site #18 has only electric and water. Older park with small lots but it is OK and close to the caves.

Headed for the cave's and discovered, you have to make a choice. Their is a dozen tours. We choose the Historic Tour, under the General Tour section, and Frozen Niagara, listed under the Specialty tours. Cost was a total of $38.00 for the two tours. Craig went in the morning and booked us on the 10:30 am and the 5:30 pm Satuarday. Historic tour was two hours and Niagara was only one hour.

Both are wonderful.

Sign's all around state no bags on tours. Soooooooo, on the Historic Tour I did not have my camera. Turns out the camera is OK, just the bag to hold the camera, isn't.

This place is a grand place for families, lots and lots of activities, from the caves to fishing and water float trips.

Spending a week here would be a pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie, yes it's me -- I'm still alive. Just wanted you to know that Rhonda and I stayed at Singing Hills RV park too. We also went to the cave and did the SAME tours as you and Craig. How de-ju-va. We used our Passport America membership for 1/2 half which paid for itself the first time we used it (it was at this park) I haven't been on the web for so long (you probably knew that all ready) It is good to read your blog again. I will write more or email you about what we have been up to. I hope Connie is staying in touch with you, I enjoy her comments too. Take care my friend, I now have some catching up to do (reading your blog) Tom

    ReplyDelete