Monday, September 27, 2010

Lex, KY....Volunteer Equestrian Games


Made it thru my second day at the FEI Equestrian Games at the Lexington, KY Horse Park.

You may remember that the 1st day was horrible. Well, Sunday was different and much better. Although these people enjoy mistreating the volunteers. Or so it seems. I decided I would beat them with fairness. It sooooooo worked.

My 'job' today is checking bags at one of the gates. Could not see the park at all. But the good part was I was not alone, lots of volunteers to talk with.

I meet the most amazing 70 year young, women I have ever meet. She is smart and kind (to all). Penny was God sent and I will never forget her. What a joy. She decided to start riding about 2 years ago and is now a horse expert. I just listened and learned, I felt kind of dumb. I know nothing about horses.

After standing on my feet for 8 hours, with a hour for lunch, got to go to the park.

Found the endurance race and watched for hours. A lady riding a horse from Spain finished ahead of the King and two of his sons. Wow, a lot of horses did not finish the 100 mile run. One
of the horses had to have a IV.


Maria Alvarez (Spain)





Rolex Arena . Opening show was here.














Will try to load my pictures and share. I hope you enjoy. Their is lots to talk about and for some it may be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment