Saturday, July 24, 2010

Slade, KY....Natural Bridge Resort






This past week was spent in a ‘hollow’, in the foothills of KY. Phone service, satellite, TV, or internet was not available.

Monday, Susan and I hooked up the CRV and headed to Natural Bridge Ky State Resort, in Slade, KY. The Daniel Boone National Forest covers a large area in Eastern KY.

Drove 95 miles, skirting Lexington and going east on I-64 and then on the Mountain Parkway road. Dropped the TOAD about 12 miles from the park because I could not remember if I would have an area to unhook. I would have but I just didn’t know.

I did not make reservations, for a weekend, reservations are needed. But we found a site for Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs night. We would depart on Friday morning.

I have been here before. Two year ago I would never have got the Condo on this site. This is site B 33 in the Middle fork campground
.
Pulled the Condo in front first. We wanted the view but lost the large part of lot.



We have 30 amp electric and water. No sewer. Did not use the water, we used the holding tanks and demand pump. A bath house is available with a washer and dryer. The bathhouse is clean.

Left the house around 10 am and was on site by 3 pm. That included the 12 mile trip because we left the Condo and drove the CRV in. We also grocery shopped at the Kroger’s in Clay City.

Spent about $75 for diesel, $18 for gas in CRV, $50 grocery, and $87 for the campsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment