Thursday, July 8, 2010

H'burg, KY...generator tray fix

Remember last week when Susan and I left for the KY Horse Park, we had problems. Bad enough that we believed our trip was not going to happen. Also, the electric plug from the Condo to the TOAD wasn't long enough.

The Condo (motorhome) has a 7.5 Onan Diesel Generator that slides out the front, on a huge tray. Well the latch did not hold and the heavy, huge machine and tray was sliding out and banging back in. But would never latch closed. Decided that this tray needed a dead bolt. Something more than the simple latch.

Craig did this.

This bolt and nut will take two 9/16 wenches and laying on the ground to get to the generator. Not what I want. So Craig says he will remove bolt and put a padlock thru the chain. Works for me!!! Hopefully, after Dec, Craig and I will travel together, for ever, and he can deal with wenches and all that. Someone has to be he lady of the house and that will be me.

The 7 pen plug extension was a fairly easy fix. I guess some people call me a hoarder but I rarely throw anything away. Paid off this time, and I had all the wire and female/male ends needed to make this extension.
The famous Chief (furkid) had a pain seizure today. Didn't last too long. He is bullet proof right now with all the medicine I pumped in him.




Do you think Chief is a Nick Noltre (mug shot) look alike????

No comments:

Post a Comment