Sunday, December 26, 2010

So glad to have hubby home full time

My back feels like the hog in this guys mouth


This is Craig's fourth day, out of work. I am so glad to have him around, but for all the wrong reasons.


Friday, Craig and I started packing, for the move to Louisiana. Best plans always seems to find a detour. My back, again went out. I have spent Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and now all of Sunday, either in bed or in a chair. I can not even get out of the chairs without Craig's help. Does not seem possible that this is a Level 1 slipped disc. I can only imagine a Level 5 means you will die, by your own hands, because the pain is unbearable.

I meet Craig in 1988 in Richmond, VA. We both where working a Phillip Morris job. Craig was single (never married), didn't have a girlfriend (at the time), family lived 800 miles away, and his mother died years ago. Hmmmmm, no luggage!!!


He cleaned his own house, manage his own finances, and general took care of himself. Somewhere over the next 20 years, he lost this ability. Or so I thought. I just did everything.

I have to say he has been wonderful the last 3 days. He cooked and cleaned the kitchen (didn't know he knew how to start the dishwasher). He checked on me, often, brought me snacks and food and even my pills. Not that the pills have touched the pain.

I don't want his retirement to consent of waiting on me had and foot, but what would I have done these last few days without him. I am sooooo lucky.

The biggest job is taking care of our 3 dogs. Remeber the Famous Chief is very ill and is carried out the door and put on the ground. Then has to be retrieve from outside because he can not find the front door. Then, because of the cold and snow, has to be warmed up.


NOTE: 3 inch's of snow and more to come. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment