Monday, December 6, 2010

NOW I KNOW...when I die I will know everything


Like of lot of the country, it is very cold here. About 22 degrees colder than normal. I did winterize Mr Van (class B motor home), although not with gusto. Didn't do anything to the Condo (Class A motor home). Not very smart. I didn't expect single digit wind chill for 4 days.

Looks like we will have repairs with both campers when the thaw comes. Oh yea, as the saying goes 'I know now'.

On top of this, trying to do 'something' in 15 degrees weather is a killer. I think I will die.

Small electric heaters where running in both campers and I put a light in the water bay of the Condo. Not enough. Checked the Condo and found the water frozen to the sinks, 28 degrees inside will freeze, who knew. Added another small heater to the Condo's water bay and put the gas furnace on. Will leave the gas furnace running, just have to pay the bill.

Checked the water pump and it did not pump.

Added the heaters and turned the furnace on about 5 pm. Around 10 pm the bay was at 62 degrees and the water pump finally started pumping to the sinks. Didn't see any leaks in the belly bay but time will tell.

The outside showers of Mr Van and the Condo is what I am expecting to be busted.

When Craig retires with me, this is going to be his job.

On a lighter note: My sister called tonight to wish me a happy birthday. Only my birthday is not today, but next Sunday. Seems it is suppose to be 30 degrees tonight in Titusville, Fl.
Cold weather kills brain cells, first. Thirty degrees in Florida is COLD!!!!!
Thanks Betty, I love you and miss you.
Did you recognize Donkey? I like the Shriek, the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment