Monday, November 22, 2010

Plans Change...car trouble

Saturday Night




You may remember the first night I worked the World Equestrian Games in Lexington, KY, that my Van’s transmission acted up. That was September 28th.



Thracter repair shop in Burgin, KY has had the Van on and off for the last 2 months. He replaced the converter and tuned the clutches and gaskets of the transmission. He said it was OK, but to drive it before taking off for Louisiana. I drove away and 30 minutes later returned. Not fixed. His bill was $854 dollars. He retuned my check. That was 7 days ago and I have not heard a word from him. No use to call him.

We intended to leave Thursday morning for Louisiana. I would drive the Van and pull our enclosed 12 foot cargo trailer. Craig, driving the Honda CRV pulling our 10 foot open trailer. We would return, to Harrodsburg, Ky, in the Honda.

That would leave the Motor home to pull the Honda CRV and the rented U-Haul to pulled the Cadillac on a rented car carrier. Sheesh what a plan, it would work. But noooooooo, that will not happen. We would be moved and all our stuff would live in one place, Louisiana.

So I asked Craig, if we are here for the Thanksgiving holiday, could we go to Louisville and see the zoo, church Hill downs, baseball museum and Mohamed museum. Just be a tourist. Sounds good.

Well the weather forecast is blink, looks like the lows will be around 22 degrees with highs not much better. The zoo animals will not come out, and staying in the Motor home may be hard. I am treated for the tropics.

Oh, by the way, Dr appointments are still running my life. I need to be careful, one of these test and x-rays might show something wrong. So far I just need to make a life style change to handle my back problems. At least that is what I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie, Very sorry to hear about the van and the Dr appts! I just found your blog from RV.net. Looking forward to reading more! I hope you are able to get the van fixed soon :)

    -Mike & Heidi
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete