Thursday, June 10, 2010

H'burg, KY...Volunteer KY horse park

5:30 pm Volunteer Application is work

I have volunteered for the 2010 Equestrian (Horses) games, Sept 25 thru
Oct something. Takes place for the first time ever in the US.
Happening at the Ky Horse Park in Lexington, KY. This is like the Olympus for horses.

Did a phone interview yesterday, this took about 20 minutes, now I’m waiting for an e-mail invite. Should be a shoe-in, they do not offer much in return for 6 shifts of 8 hours plus several (part) days of training. I think I would like to be involved. How an event of this size (international) is pulled off.

I’ve requested to help with anything except taking money or accounting for money. Did that all my life and I retired from that. Let’s try other things.

Four pm today I received my email from the FEI World Equestrian 2010 Games Volunteer Services. They called this e-mail ‘moving forward’ for volunteering.

E-mailed Erin Faherty, Director of Volunteer Service, with the response. “Can you make this more difficult.” They will do a background check so they wanted either your passport number (for International) or society social number. Encrypted of course, plus a photo, and a schedule of my availability.

Sheesh, the photo is suppose to be head and shoulders, solid white background, etc etc etc. Well, this is what they got.

As I like to say ‘tomorrow is another day’. After seeing my photo they may not want me.


As long as Craig still wants to keep me around, well I'm good with that!!

1 comment: