Monday, May 23, 2011

Finally arrived in Maine









We are at a KOA in Canne, Maine. Trying to visit my daughter in law's parents (we have never meet) but looks like our schedules will not allow that. Oh well, we will be in Maine for 2-3 months and then we will never return.






Last Saturday when Craig and I drove into the Catskill Mountains, think Woodstock, we visited the Fly Fishing Museum.


This is what we found for an entrance. As we pulled up to this bridge, that looks like a foot bridge.






I spoke these words (Can we drive over that!!!!!) and this is what I read.



Doing this 6 hour trip. We had sunny skies, light rain, hail (look like it had snowed) and very very heavy thunderstorms. We where already lost and then the local emergency volunteers turned us around because of flash flooding, three different places. We didn't know what was going to happen to us and worried that the Motor home was also being flooded.






....



The Tall Pines Campground is on a river and we just didn't know. The dogs are in the coach. Called the campgrounds and Gail assured us all was OK. Boy I hope this doesn't ever happen again. It is bad enough that the Louisiana house may experience high water and we are not there.




The campground wi fi timed me out and I lost half my post.


Josh, I just read your comment...did not know we where close...would love to see you guys...you know that....maybe we will see you out west in Jan or Feb!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment