Friday, June 17, 2011

Black Flies, no see um's in Maine

Just horrible plus we don't have an Internet or cell phone service. On top of that Blogger still does not work for me. Blogger will not let me sign in like I was used to, but I have signed in a different way. Let's see how far I get. Pictures are out of the question.

Baxter State Park is different from any state park but is very pretty. We battled the black things and went to an area called Sand Point. Wow, found three adult moose and 2 twin babies. Feeding in a beautiful mountain lake. I have pictures but need a better Internet service.

Finally we had neighbors last night. They only stayed one evening and left very early. They called it 'touring' they are moving 200 to 300 miles a day. Although they are joining a caravan to go to Canada and have done a 50 day caravan to Alaska.

They have a 30 foot gas 1999 motor home and do not pull a car. About 7 pm we invited them to join us in our Honda to look for moose. They said great. Stayed out about an hour and half. Went into Baxter Park, but just barely. Saw four moose, Joe has a nice camera and really got great pictures. One of the moose ran from the car and we stopped, the moose stopped, then she turned back and walked within 20 feet of the car. Actually thought we where going to have to move out of her way.

Well, I will post this now. Hope it works. I really miss chatting to myself on this blog. I need to do better and 'just do it'. I learned that from reading blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment